Thursday, July 15, 2010

Gifts and the Gifted

Recently Nellie, a very special person who I love like my little sister went on a mission trip to Uganda. She was away for a little over a week. On their trip they spent time with many children in different areas of that region. Some things included reading them stories, singing, dancing and making crafts. They also played games and sports with them and helped in some of the classrooms for grades US equivalent to 6th and 7th. This children enjoyed having their pictures taken with digital cameras where they could then see them immediately. They worshiped with them and shared Jesus with them. In my recent trip to visit Nellie, I was hoping to hear all about the trip and her experience. All I am for sure of is that she really enjoyed it and that she said she misses it sometimes. That is saying a lot to me. She also surprised David and myself with these lovely souvenirs. Both are wooden and the cross is hand carved and difficult to capture its beauty in the photograph. It amazes me the talent of the people in all the different areas of the world and I wanted to share this incredible creations with you. As Kimmie Kim says all the time God is Good and God is Good All The Time!




Here is another beautiful gift that was hand made by my Dee Dee. This is my very own lovey, you know the kind that are typically given to newborns. They are made of the softest materials and you just want to touch it all the time because it makes you feel so good. Well for several years now I've been asking for my own lovey and finally I was gifted one for my birthday. Isn't it beautiful? I think so and I love it and will cherish it always especially because my Dee Dee made it just for me. It is so special. Dee Dee makes these lovely lovey's and many other beautiful items. Check out her beautiful creations at Dee Dee's DoDads.

The world is full of amazing gifted and talented people and I am fortunate to know many personally. I'll keep sharing...I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment