Sunday, August 22, 2010

Discovery Mode







I've been busy putting together the adorable Home School Card kits I get each month from Be Creative/Deena Ziegler. They are some of the cutest card designs I've ever seen.
Getting to be creative really helps me mentally. It really gives me a sense of peace and clears the cobwebs.
I've also added a bunch of cards and a few other items to my Etsy store this weekend. Check it out at The June Leyen.
Life has been a bit busy these days. It is the usual time of year for busy-ness at work. Every where I turn these days I notice I am in Discovery Mode. I'm learning new things about myself, my work, my craft interests, my life. I think Discovery Mode is a good place as long as I don't allow it to overwhelm me.
As of tomorrow morning, most schools are back in session. It has been a good many years since I've really thought about such an event. This year is different, Stuart is entering his Senior year, my dear friend Mechiel is embarking on a new adventure going from Preschoolers to High School age students. I also have to drive by a busy busy school in order to leave our neighborhood. So, I am realizing that all around me school is present. School is a place to discover ourselves as we grow and become adults. I am praying for Stuart to embrace this Discovery period of his life. I'm praying for Mechiel to discover new and exciting things about her gifts and talents. And, I'm praying for the morning drive not to be too brutal getting out of the neighborhood (i probably just need to leave early...).
I've just discovered what time it is and I must say it is past my sleepy time. Good night all! Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment