Friday, January 21, 2011

TGIF and New Toys!!!




TGIF!
Over the past two weeks I have found myself feeling inside some very serious amounts of stress. It is a result of some stuff that I won't bore you with here. So why am I even writing about it, well it is because as a part of my stress therapy I am supposed to allow myself to feel my feelings and release them. The other part is to breathe. One day the only way to make the situation better was to literally think "breathe in good" "exhale bad" over and over until my mind was truly interrupted and no longer thinking on the situation causing me to be stressed. I did not like the way I felt and for the first time in a very long while I felt almost like I would never be able to manage this situation. I'm a little better today, but I'm not convinced that I can learn things to help me manage those times in my life. For the past 7 months I've been extremely focused on weight loss. I've achieved results that are beyond my own beliefs when I started. I've come to believe that I have the ability to maintain extreme will power for a long period of time. I realize over the past two weeks the stress has caused me to feel strained and almost begin to disbelieve in my will power abilities. I have not crashed and burned, nothing of the sort. I'm just seeing it real clear now.
I wonder how my unofficial word of the year "focus" fits into this story. It shall be interesting. I hope you'll come back and see how I'm doing from time to time. This weekend is going to consist of some craft time, celebrate a couple family birthdays, work some and relax.

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there June...you are strong. Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do whatever you set your mind to. I find some days that easier than others but you can do it. I also think there is something in the air these days so many we should try spraying some Lysol or something and see if we can move it on out. LOL Love ya.

    ReplyDelete