Saturday, January 29, 2011

What-A-Week!

I experienced another trying week, but made it to the end. YaHoo!!!

Here is a little update on my word of the year "focus".

Each week so far I start out with the same goal in mind, focus on the tasks that are in front of me and tackle them currently at the most urgent first pace. I've tried to focus on training my assistant to help with areas that she can manage so that eventually that will take the load off.

I continue to focus on my weight loss program. Although I haven't dived off the deep end, since starting the 3rd 12 week committment period, I've found myself very bored with my limited selections. I've stuck to the program, but I'm really thinking alot about all the things I'd like to have but can't.

With the excess of stress that I've been experiencing, I've worked with my counselor to focus on breathing and ways to recognize the stress physically and then take a step back and work through some steps that will help me to better manage the situation.

Today, I focused on my David. We spent the whole day together on an all day DATE. I like to look at the deals you can get on GROUPON and I snagged some Alamo Draft House movie passes for 2 and $30 for $15 at StoneWerks. We had a delightful lunch and then went to the movies to see True Grit afterwards we did a little shopping at Sam's Club and then home. I really enjoyed the movie. Although I think Jeff Bridges did a good job, it was hard for me to shake his other movie roles. I thought the young girl did an excellent job. Matt Damon was real good too.

We did see again the premiere for that new movie coming from the book by Stephen King - I think it is Cowboys and Aliens. I really want to see that movie. It looks good!!! Of course, it doesn't hurt that Daniel Craig is in it. Cute, Cute!!!

I have had a chance to make some cards that I gave as birthday presents to my Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law last week. I will try to post pictures of them in the next day or so.

Thanks for stopping by to see what is going on with me these days. I'm glad you did. Stop by again real soon. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment